Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Mandatory Step in Life

It's funny how time can change the things we thought would always stay the same. I'd always needed only three things in life. You, Me, and us. Everything else I could have lived without. But it turns out, I can live without those three too. I'll never know exactly when I actually accepted that fact, but I have, and I'm fine with it,...for the most part. When I think about us though, I remember the unwanted fact that change happens inevitably, for the better. Without it, how can we move forward? How are we able to have memories at all? How can we learn lessons, regret the irreversible, hope for the impossible, wait for something that may never come? What if time became frozen, and we were forever locked in a moment that was only meant to create us into the person we really are? Change is a must. But I have also learned that all changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; and that what we leave behind us is somehow a part of ourselves, but even then, we must die to one life before we can enter another. But it doesn't mean you have to forget. Most often it won't be something you even want to forget, because it makes you stronger. And strength I've come to realize, isn't based on holding on, but by letting go. And maybe it's true that everyone in your life gives you certain things you need. Perhaps people are only meant to come and go leaving only a lesson learned, another found knowledge of yourself, and a new pair of foot prints upon your heart. Just maybe...

1 comment:

  1. this was amazing, as usual.
    and also something i really needed to hear.
    you're amazing :)

    ReplyDelete