Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Ocean's Shapless Form


The ocean: Undeniably beautiful, and yet when we are in it's presence are we filled with joy or do we dwindle in sadness? The water resembles only tears. Tears of joy, tears of sadness, tears of loss, tears of heart break.

... you walk barefoot in the sand. Collecting sea shells while your mother peacefully strums on her guitar. You gently crawl into her lap and lay your head upon her chest, listening to the soft melody of her heart beats. She sings you a lullaby as you silently drift into light unconsciousness. You dream of only her turquoise eyes and the soft sound of the waves against the sand. This is beautiful, and peaceful. You finally awake, and in a flash, all of it is gone...

I stand here alone and feel the many grains of sand surround my feet, watching as the darkened waves flow in and out upon the shore like a dance, and my heart drops to the bottom of my stomach. This was it then. The ocean of pain. The shore so far across the boiling water that I couldn't imagine it, much less see it. I feel empty again, knowing that I'd lost my purpose. I can hear my own breath unevenly make it's way throughout my lungs, I feel the chill in the air bite at my skin, and in that moment, my mind is filled with one thought. You.

No comments:

Post a Comment