Friday, September 17, 2010

This life seems to go by in a blur, yet each day feels like a year.
Time; I've come to find is a very misunderstood thing.
It's funny how in our lives we become so close, so attached to something we convince ourselves we could never live without it. But then, we have to, and we later realize it's not impossible after all. We meet new people, try new things, find new fascinations. And though we remember those times in our lives that will always feel the most happiest, we learn in a short time that our new lifestyle we have quickly adopted becomes the new, "What we cannot live without."
And the cycle repeats itself.
Over and over again.
It's a strange thing, but I find, when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up.
We want to stop the days right in their tracks. Tie them up with a rope and hold on for dear life. And it's funny to me, it's passing, yes. But we're the ones doing all the moving.
I wonder, what am I, in the future going to have to learn to live without?
I can hear the clock talking loudly. I'm going to throw it away. It scares me what it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment